technology & data protection
Our Data Protection work covers the whole range of services in that area, from assistance with access requests from data subjects and notifications to audits and advise on the impact of the GDPR. The team represents data controllers with data protection authorities. The work includes assistance with international data transfers and the drafting of related agreements and clauses, and assistance with the drafting of privacy policies and CCTV, cookie and whistleblowing policies.
Clients use the team for assistance with audits, data protection impact assessments, compliance in case of monitoring of phone, internet and e-mail or use of track-and-trace systems. Our advice often concerns sensitive data, the impact of coding and anonymisation. We have litigated in the area and have advised on requirements in case of data breach.
- Advising a European agency on the Data Protection implications of an EU wide Big Data project
- Assisting several international groups with the drafting of contractual clauses for their international data transfers
- Advising an information services provider in the health sector on requirements for data flows
- Assisting online product suppliers with compliance in different EU member states
- Advising a payment services company on compliance with Data Protection regulation